Thursday, February 17, 2011

Adjusting to Ones



Shooting on ones is definitely and adjustment to twos.  Ones or twos the animators eternal debate.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, well its easy enough to find out.  It's kinda boring unless your an animator but it basically has do to with how many frames are displayed per second of footage.  Having worked mainly in television (they like two's cus they think its faster, but that's another topic) I had little to no experience with timing on ones.  I shot on ones a little in school but was shocked to realize what a big change it would be.  In fact its taken me several weeks of shooting non stop to feel like I'm getting a hang of it.  It's kinda like learning a new tool.  You may be an expert at painting with water colors but as soon as your try to learn acrylic everything you know about color theory goes out the window, temporarily.  It just takes time to adjust.  Above are just some still of key poses from a shot I animated this week.  As you can see my amazing lighting team has outdone themselves again and with limited resources too.

No comments:

Post a Comment